- Victims of Crime
- Victim Advocates
- Tribal Multi‐Disciplinary Teams
- Service Providers
- Tribal Leader/Official
- Tribal Law Enforcement
- Tribal Court Personnel
- Tribal Youth
- Tribal Elders
- Scholarship application is complete with all required information.
- Scholarship application was received by the deadline of September 19, 2016.
- Priority work categories are clearly communicated.
- Applicant indicates if they are willing to car pool, share a room, or only needs a partial scholarship, etc.
- Statement of Need should be 500 words and addresses all of the required areas below. Points will be deducted for incomplete, inadequate or minimal responses to these required questions.
- Why you need this scholarship.
- Your experience working with, or interest in working with victims of crime in Indian country.
- How you will utilize the information from the conference in your own community and/or career.
to Submit an Application
Form fields with red asterisks (*) are required fields and cannot remain blank. The scholarship application form requests the following information:
Waiver of Registration Fee and Scope of Assistance
Further Scholarship Information
If you are awarded a travel scholarship, round trip airfare will be provided to you. We cannot reimburse you for baggage fees, in-flight meals, beverages, movies, or other airfare related expenses. Please note that your airline ticket will be non-transferable and non-refundable. Should you be unable to attend and have to cancel your ticket, you will be required to reimburse the Tribal Law & Policy Institute for the cost of your airline ticket. The airline credit will be issued in your name.
If you are awarded a scholarship that includes lodging, your scholarship will only cover the room costs and applicable tax. Scholarships do not include hotel incidentals, ground transportation, non-approved meals, per-diem, and personnel expenses. All expenses are subject to change and must be in accordance with current DOJ travel guidelines. Your room reservations and arrangements will be completed by the Tribal Law & Policy Institute staff.
Scholarships do not cover CEU Credit and you are responsible for the $25 fee if you wish to apply for CEU's.
If you are awarded a scholarship, you will be notified by October 31, 2016. You will receive an online scholarship acceptance email so please ensure your email is correct. You must reply by email to accept the terms and conditions of the scholarship.Questions about the upcoming National Indian Nations Conference? You can call our office at (323) 650-5467 and speak to our staff, or you may email your questions to Conference@tlpi.org.